Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Wow!


Here is a line from one of my new favorite Christmas songs by Coldplay.

"Like some drunkard Elvis singing
I go singing out of tune
Saying how I always loved you, darling
And I always will."

I was thinking today that this applies, in a weird way, to so many things in our life. There is so much greatness out there! With music, and friends, and thoughts, and activities, and Christmas, and the gospel, and love and everything else, we are saturated with greatness. And yet, I feel that when I try to thank my Heavenly Father for these gifts, or try to express to others how grateful I am for their influence on my life, I am afraid I sound like "some drunkard Elvis."

I won't stop singing and thanking those responsible for my wonderful life, but it may sound out of tune or I might forget the words. Nevertheless, I want the world to know that I am grateful for the life I lead, the friends I have, the family I love, and the things I know. I'll never stop "saying how I always loved you, darling and I always will!"

No comments:

Post a Comment